Well, deer hunting is officially over and we had another great season. This year we had most of the crew up for the whole week, so we got a lot of hunting in. For me, I have not hunted this much since high school. The final total was 11 deer including five legal bucks. We didn't have anything huge, but Chuck's dad Don shot a decent 10 p0inter.
One of the highlights came on Thanksgiving morning. During the first drive of the day, we pushed a small buck out and Mitchell was able to tag team his first deer of his hunting career. He was pretty excited, as were the rest of us. Marci also shot her first deer this year.
Since I was going to be up on the farm all week this year, I decided to try and video tape as much as I could. My goal is to put together a "highlight" video to show Nolan and Evan what hunting is like. I have about 60 total minutes of footage, so now comes the hard part, editing. Needless to say, I will have to get creative with editing some of the sound bites. Once I have the footage put together, I will post some clips on YouTube for you to see.
Robin and the boys went out to my Uncle Jeff's for Thanksgiving dinner. This year, Robin's mom went too and it sounds like they had a great time. I went to Myna's house for Thanksgiving for the first time in awhile, and it was great. It reminds me of all the different Thanksgiving days I has growing up.
Lastly, I will be going out to California for work in a couple of weeks. I was invited to attend an Executive Briefing at Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California (just outside of San Jose). I am looking forward to that.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment